You have passed your test – what’s next?
Pass Plus is a training scheme for new drivers, its aim is to improve
your driving skills and make you a safer driver, it can also lead to
The scheme has been designed by the Driving Standards Agency, with the
help of the motor insurance and driving instruction industries, to
develop your skills and knowledge in areas where you may have limited
As an indicator of its effectiveness, a recent survey of L test
candidates carried out by OCR International for DSA, showed that of
those who had taken Pass Plus:
- 93% felt more confident on the road
- 89% considered that their driving skills had improved
as a result of taking the course.
Pass Plus will benefit you by
- enabling you to gain quality driving experience safely
- helping you become a more skilful driver
- teaching you how to develop a Positive Driving style which is both
enjoyable and safe
- reducing your risk of being involved in a road crash
- saving you money on your car insurance premiums.
Pass Plus consists of six hours training and the emphasis is on
developing your practical driving skills.
There is no test at the end. Instead, you will be assessed
Pass Plus is much more than just a few extra driving lessons. As well as
gaining further driving experience under expert supervision, you will
learn how to deal with situations you may not have faced before, such
- driving in fog, rain, snow and ice
- driving in the dark
- motorway driving
The courses will show you some of the reasons why things can go wrong on
the road and what you can do to prevent them from happening.
By completing the syllabus successfully you will gain the satisfaction
of driving safely, in a more positive and controlled way.